Monday, October 4, 2010

Blog Assignment #1

I, as a Chinese worker, travelled my way on a boat to Canada. Our roll was to build the Canadian Pacific Railway. My workers and I would be treated differently because we got payed very little, and had more dangerous jobs, that could even take our lives away. Since us Chinese workers got payed less, we had no way of getting home and had to stay and work for the Canadian government. As the days went by, I thought to myself and got my fellow workers together to start a union. Us workers would be assign to work in the tunnels and caves, but quietly and sneaky we would start are plans to convince the Canadian Government to pay us more and work in better conditions. We finally started to refuse to continue to work on the CPR, which made the Government mad, and the building slower. Soon the Canadian Government would beat some of us, but we had to keep fighting for our freedom. We were tired, hungry and fed up, working for this sick Government! I was in need of sleep, and wanted to go home to my family. I was scared of what was going to happen every day i took a step into the work zone. Who knew if you were going to make a mistake or get trapped in an explosion, I didn't want to risk my life. Every day we fought and fought, we refused, didn't listen, we were done. It's been a month behind schedule, the CPR isn't doing well, and the Canadian Government was frustrated. They finally came to conclusion that they had to do something to get on track and finish the CPR on time. The Government called us in, and as they took a deep breath and swallowed, they announced that things are going to change around here. I had a smile on my face when i heard that, because i knew I had changed everything, made people's lives better, and also I made it better for other Immigrants who come here to Canada. They would and will be treated equally and with respect. I was just glad my team and myself never gave up, even how tired we were. We stuck together as a team and fought for our freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment